Those that can't do... WANNA DO!

 

Today I woke up and wanted to get stuff done.  

I wonder how much of that is due to the fact that most of what I wanted to get done is exactly the kind of stuff I'm not supposed to be doing this weekend. 

I am supposed to be resting my had after the cortisone injection I had yesterday. 

BUT... 

That hasn't stopped me from getting stuff ready to do. 

I got the new fabric to recover the seat on my chair in my spinning corner (my folding chair is a little too contemporary, so I got a more Victorian look fabric scrap at The Legacy Thrift Store, which cost me about 70¢.  

I picked up my staples for the project at Michaels, where with a 20% off coupon and my Rewards voucher for $5, I got them for free.  

Taking the seat off the chair and stretching and stapling the new fabric will have to wait.

I picked up the wing nut I needed to complete the assembly of my spinning wheel (one was missing, and although I didn't have documentation, I was pretty confident I could eyeball and figure out what I'd need, and yes, I got it on the first try!) Yes, I put it on, because it only required me to use my right hand.

I also picked up some ribbon and eyelet lace to trim out my Victorian bonnet, figuring that's something I could do tomorrow, while I'm waiting for my hand to be well enough to build that shelf that's been sitting here and do the work on my chair.

I also pulled my sewing tote and my totes of Christmas stuff out of the closet, and picked up wrapping paper because (SURPRISE!) some of the items I ordered for the kids that was expected to take a couple weeks to get here are coming tomorrow, and I'm just going to wrap them as they get here and put them up in the indoor closet. 

I feel like a lot is perched on the edge of things right now... or waiting at the starting gate... or, well, pick your own metaphor here.  The next couple weeks are going to be busy. 

Right now, however, I've got a good size bruise and  a heck of a lot of discomfort, so typing is going to be as strenuous as it gets for the rest of the day.  

Comments