Crane Creek Regional Park

A couple days ago, Cay and I went on a walk in Crane Creek Regional Park.  It's only 128 acres, but it has a lot of diversity packed in that little space!  I continued to struggle with my old camera.  I'm pretty convinced right now something is funky in the electronics.  But when I pulled out my newer camera, I hated using it because the telephoto isn't working properly.  Anyway, I've taken to shooting everything in 4K bursts, and extracting the photos I like.  It makes up wonderfully for the fact that I can no longer hold the camera steady (ah, the joys of aging!) 

We took the Creek Trail, but the creek itself was dry.  There was a small pool near the entrance (last photo) which was packed with polliwogs of some sort.

I couldn't look at this and not think of Bilbo Baggins' Party Tree


one of SO MANY lizards

I finally got a decent photo of a turkey buzzard

California Poppies

garter snake catching some sun

the only water we saw in the park

some sort of amphibian larval stage

just another lizard.  this one was a little more vibrant with his blue underbelly and throat.


Comments