PHOTO DUMP! (May- July)

 I haven't been idle.

This photodump is horrifically out of order.  Thing is, I've been meaning to blog these places and events, but never really got around to it, which makes for gaping holes in my blog.  Hopefully this will help fill in some of those holes.  One of the best parts of this is that I have 2 new cameras: one with a tremendous zoom I've used for birds and whales, one for underwater and very VERY close up.  I got the underwater camera first, and the photos from that camera have the date imprinted on them, because I'd use it with iNaturalist.  Before my next Monterey Bay trip, I'll add that feature to my distance camera for when I upload images to HappyWhale.


7/5/23:  Coastal Birdwalk Trail, Bodega Bay

So these first couple pictures are from the Coastal Birdwalk Trail in Bodega Bay.  The trail runs from the coastal birdwalk loop (which I'd blogged before after being horrendously disappointed in it) down to Doran Beach.  The first time I was there, I didn't see the coastal access part of the trail, and walking around the loop was downright boring. 

The trip down to the beach is, in fact, lovely, and there were more birds in the wetlands along the short half mile trail than anywhere in the loop I saw.

I took the dog (on leash) and she enjoyed going down to the ocean (away from the swimming beach) where there were other dogs on leash, and she actually splashed around in the waves for the first time ever.





6/30/23  Armstrong Redwoods

On my birtday my other plans were canceled when Cay got COVID, so Carlos and I went up to Armstrong Redwoods.  This first photo shows a tree that fell when we were there. There is nothing like the sound (or the dust cloud) made by a fallen giant!
















UPDATE:


Huh.  It's now August 16th, and this has been waiting to be posted for two weeks (since July 31!) . I'm just going to push the publish button and move on. I've got more to write about today! 

Comments