A moment of peace amidst the chaos

When I breathe in,  I breathe in peace
When I breathe out,  I breathe out love



Today is the third of the month.  That's Social Security Day for me.  I'm up long before the alarm clock rings, on the computer, paying my bills for the entire month, then it's in the car to the long drive up to Vacaville and the places where I do my bulk shopping.

This month I needed clothing, so a trip to Savers was a must.  Cay, who also needed summer clothing, went with me.  Sadly, the only thing I found at Savers was a single t-shirt.  On my thrift list was sheets, towels, summer shirts and summer pants or capris.  It was a rough trip.  Then we went to Lane Bryant.  We both needed bras.  I can hear some of the women's eyes rolling just reading this.  Bra shopping is the worst, and decent bras were tremendously expensive.  I ended up breaking into my credit card that had been totally paid off.

Then there was Walmart:  cleaning supplies and bottled water... a quick bite to eat (a splurge for me!) and on our way home.  Total time:  a little over 7 hours.  It's exhausting.

And when we came home, I had Cay take her things out to her car in my handcart, then load the handcart into my car.  I opened the door from my patio, and this beautiful dragonfly came and landed on the tree not two feet away.  

Nature is healing.  I could feel my tension release, and feel the warmth of joy at seeing this creature so close.  

Sitting here listening to birdsong outside my window and sipping chamomile tea, it feels like just for this moment, everything is going to be alright. 
 

Comments