A Walk into Town

 Yesterday Cay and I walked the Lynch Creek Trail into town.  

I didn't take a whole lot of photos, mostly because I'd photographed the trail before, but there were a few points of interest.

A couple residents had planted a small garden at a site known as "the overlook" just before the bridge into town. I had been curious about it, but ironically, it was mentioned and discussed on Nextdoor.com just today.  It's an unsanctioned planting, but the people who did it were concerned for the natural beauty of the river and the local plants, and the small garden was rather subtle.  




Of course I took a photo of Cay on the bridge:


Once we hit downtown, we were intrigued by a cafe lit inside by a plethora of tiny white lights like Christmas lights.


looking in through the window, the camera did not capture all the beauty of the lights.


inside.  again, the camera didn't capture all the little lights hanging from everything!

 This is Della Fattoria.  I had heard of it, but I thought they just did desert pastries. They do a great deal more.  Cay did order a sweet (mocha cupcake... she raved about it!) but we both ordered the Chinese Chicken Salad.  It was HUGE.




It was also delicious, but neither of us even attempted to eat it all. 

The trip was also a little sad, because a lot of the shops and restaurants did not survive the pandemic.


We didn't spend too much time downtown. I hit the Dollar Tree up on Washington before going home, but the entire trip was about 4 to 4 1/2 hours long.  It was a good walk, and a beautiful day for it.  There are a few other places I'd like to visit downtown, especially some of the eateries, which Cay has apparently been trying out while I was down in Orange County.  

And there are a few shops I know of that she hasn't seen yet (though not eateries), which I'll be showing her on future wanderings. 

Comments

  1. Gotta love those Nextdoor "discussions". Apparently I showed such promise at de-escalating some of those "discussions" that someone nominated me for a Community Reviewer position! Now if I could just get paid for that...hmmm

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment