Well, that didn't last long.

Less than 24 hours later, my daughter was frantic.  "Where have you been? I've been calling and calling, and we tried text and FB messenger with no response!"  

Well, I have been having issues with my phone service lately, something I had told her previously, but neither of us knew the scope until I restarted my phone and voicemails from JULY started showing  up.  Turns out my doctor DID try to contact me by phone that time I was worried I might have had a mini-stroke.  Turns out my son-in-law was calling me a lot more than I thought.  

But it mostly turns out that I need FB messenger to stay in contact, especially in case of an emergency.  My internet service is much more reliable than my phone.

It was nice while it lasted.  With FB off my phone and my account awaiting deletion, I had zero urge to wake up with the alarm and start scrolling my feed and the videos.  It was pretty relaxing, truth be told.  I thought I'd be jonesing for it, but I wasn't... not until this evening when the boredom set in, and even then I didn't spend as much time as I used to, so maybe I don't need it to be gone to use it less. 

fingers crossed.

I'm old, and I have health issues.  I wish I had better phone service, but until that day comes, I guess I'm stuck with FB. 
 

Comments