Another Farewell Tour



 I'm planning on leaving California.  I can leave as early as April, 2024.  If I do that, I could be in Santa Fe for the 100th burning of Zozobra. It's more likely that I'll wait until it's closer to Cay and Patrick's move:  maybe 2-3 years down the line. Their move sounds like part of a 5 year plan.  But in 5 years, I'll be closing on 70.  That's going to be hard for me.  I'm thinking my own move will be maybe a year and a half, two years. Maybe.  

That gives me plenty of time for a farewell tour, and to start planning for what I want to take to Santa Fe with me.  

The community I live in is having a yard sale this weekend. I have a stack of stuff ready to go. I just have to price and repack it all, and it'll be ready for the weekend.  There are a few things I may end up selling later.  Things I want for this apartment, but not the next.  There are things I want to replace with things I want for the next, and those things can wait until my budget is ready, and there are things I think I want but probably won't want when the day does come.

More important to me right now, and the thing that will take the longest, is the farewell tour.  I have a definite list of places I want to go, but haven't yet. Those things will be on my farewell tour, which I suspect will take quite a while to get through with my limited mobility. 

Here's the list so far:

Places I have not yet seen:

Muir Woods
Lassen Volcanic
Salt Point
Flat Rock (Santa Rosa)
Petrified Forest (Santa Rosa)
Japanese Tea Garden (San Francisco)
Botanical Garden (San Francisco)
Conservatory of Flowers (San Francisco)
Palace of Fine Arts (San Franciso)
Greater Farallones National Marine Sanctuary Visitor's Center

Places I want to go back to and things I want to do again at least once before leaving:

California Academy of Science
Bodega Head 
tidepool somewhere on the coast

Point Reyes
Pacheco Pond (at Bel Marin Keys)
Armstrong Redwoods

Events I want to do before leaving:

Dia des los Muertos  (Windsor) 
Carnaval (San Francisco)
Healdsburg Art Festival
Pride (Santa Rosa) 
Lunar New Year (San Francisco)
Scottish Highland Gathering and Games

There will likely be a lot more places I decide to see and things I want to do before then. Of course, we're likely to do another whale watch next April in hopes of seeing "Cailin's Birthday Orca",  and a bunch of little local festivals that happen throughout the year. 

This year we're doing The Great Dickens Christmas Fair again, and the kids are planning a trip to the Northern California Renaissance Fair, but I'm increasingly concerned that my foot won't be healed enough to do that yet.  Maybe next year? 



Comments