More Green Crabs!


 Today I was once again at the green crab removal project, and once again forgot to bring my camera (I did pack it for tomorrow)

One of the things I enjoy is the last 15 or so minutes of the drive, when I'm driving along Bolinas Lagoon.  Generally I see all sorts of sea and shore birds.  Today there were also a LOT of harbor seals up on the sandbars at low tide.  

While we were cleaning up after the count, there was a river otter swimming in the channel nearby. 

On the way home, today as in the past, there were deer grazing here and there on the open hills of Marin.  

and of course, me without my camera.

This green crab removal project website can be found [HERE]  Other areas on both coasts are involved in green crab removal programs.  Washington state, in particular, has a large number of videos about green crabs and their impact on their local habitats, as well as the harm to their seafood industry. 

Comments