Gingerbread!

 Saturday I went to the annual Gingerbread House Competition at the historic Petaluma Hotel downtown.  I didn't stay long, once the room started filling up with people, we were pretty much in a hurry to go.  There weren't the number of HUGE constructions I've seen in past competitions, but some of them were just as pleasant to look at.  I think I was most impressed with those made entirely off food.  There were lots with embedded Legos and toys and other inedibles.  The participants ranged from young kids to adults, so there was a huge scope of skill and technique represented.

One thing that was represented a lot was the fairgrounds.  Right now Petaluma's Sonoma-Marin Fairgrounds is under threat of closure, and it's a political hot issue in our little butter and egg paradise.

Anyway, here are a some of the entries to the competition:












Comments