Making Room

 


Getting rid of my TV (which I've had on less than a half dozen times in the last year) has made enough room in my living space for my shelf of craft supplies, a small chair, and my spinning wheel.  It's rather nice to have this feeling of openness in the room, and a space to sit down in a firm chair and spin. 

Moving my desk to the corner also now gives me a space to (when combined with some of my other furniture) set up my loom while still having a spot to paint or do other art/craft work.

I've been struggling to find the right balance of living room and creative space since moving here, and I'm almost there.  I have a slightly taller cube storage shelf coming in this week, which matches the color of the other shelf in the room, and gives me two more cubes: one for my paints and one for my pottery supplies. 

This cube shelf is moving into my bedroom as a bedside table/ linen storage, with my fabric zip storage system already packed to load in.  

Today I didn't go to a garage sale because there is nothing major I really want or need.  It's good to feel so much more settled. 

Comments