Done?

The Radula is now over 16 years old.  It's gone through a lot of changes, as have I! Perhaps it's natural that my blog slows down as I age.  Perhaps it's just that I don't want to do a bunch of redundant posts, and "I Walked the Lynch Creek Trail Today" posts are getting pretty stale.

I can't even blame it all on the pandemic.  The posts were dripping out slowly even before then.  I guess after 16 years of writing, it doesn't feel like anything I'm doing is novel and interesting beyond my own personal experience.  

I've actually started thinking of going places WITHOUT my camera, and to NOT document, only be 100% present in the experience.  That's a totally different mindset, especially since I've been so afraid of aging and being less able to do "stuff", that I've had to record all the "stuff" I do so I can look back on it in years to come. 

Now I think if I've got 20 years left, do I need to make it blog-worthy? And I haven't decided that yet.  I do know I won't be shutting the blog down totally, and it'll probably just continue to sputter along at it's own slow pace, which is fine.  Maybe from time to time it'll be just photos.  Sometimes, sure, I'll want to go on a long political rant. But every day life is flowing on around the blog, instead of through it for me.




Comments